Watt-NRG source funds that can be used to install renewable energy saving technologies within commercial and agricultural buildings. The energy and cost savings created by the renewable technologies are then used to repay the fund's investment. This means businesses and farms can take advantage of all of the benefits of renewable technology on a pay as you save model, reducing your carbon emissions, cutting your energy bills and reducing your maintenance and repair costs without the need for capital expenditure.
Technologies provided to produce energy & cost savings
- Biomass Boilers
The latest technology biomass boilers can save up to 50% against traditional boilers and qualify for the renewable heat incentive for the next 20 years.
- LED Lighting
LED lights can make energy savings of over 60% of your lighting bill and are easily retrofitted.
- Solar PV
A Solar PV system can generate 100's of kilowatt hours of free electricity and qualify for the Feed in Tariff for the next 20 years.
How does the Green Fund work?
The fund is designed for businesses and farmers with an annual energy bill of £30k or greater. A bespoke agreement between your company and the fund is set up in order to give both parties the best return in carbon reduction and cost reductions. You will receive a share of the energy savings from day one to improve your balance sheet and calculate the length of the agreement from the cost savings. Typically an agreement will run between 5 and 10 years and is a fixed service fee and not a loan and therefore will not sit on your balance sheet.
You will be able to realise your energy and cost saving opportunity without having to spend capital, and the fund repayments come from the energy savings from which you benefit, so in effect it costs you nothing. At the end of the agreement any remaining FIT or RHI payments will be assigned to you along with full ownership of the renewable technologies we have installed. This will accelerate your energy savings for many years and help you to keep your fuel costs under control.
Benefits of the Green Fund
- Install the latest renewable technologies across your buildings immediately without the need for capital.
- No capital expenditure. The Green Fund pays for the complete installation and use the energy savings to repay the investment.
- Enhanced corporate responsibility statement (Corporate Social Responsibility).
- Off balance sheet funding.
- Reduced maintenance costs. All renewable technologies installed are fully warranted, serviced and guaranteed for the length of the agreement.
- Reduction in the carbon footprint of your business.
- Independent verification of energy savings to the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP).
- Energy savings from day one.
- A warranted and guaranteed share of the growing savings.
- Enhance capital allowances.
- Ownership of the renewable assets at the end of the agreement.
- Mitigate future carbon taxation liabilities.
- Gain certified carbon credits.
- No maintenance or breakdown costs from old or obsolete equipment.
- Enhanced building energy rating.
- Protection from rising energy costs which are estimated to treble over the next 20 years.
- Complete turnkey project management for peace of mind.